The Testing Operations division of NHS Test and Trace runs the national C19 Testing Programme. We are looking for analysts with Epi experience.
The Testing Operations division is responsible for the day to day running of the national testing programme. We currently sit within Test and Trace, but are soon to become part of the UK Health Security Agency. Demand and Capacity Modelling provides the authoritative view of short, medium and long-term demand and capacity for testing, in order to support strategic planning, procurement and operational decision-making.
Demand and Capacity Modelling is a mixed profession team of analysts, data scientists and developers, working with stakeholders across Test and Trace and across government on influential and exciting analysis over all time scales, from next-day operational decisions to long term planning scenarios and value for money.
We’re looking for experienced modellers to help build the next generation of models and tools so we can strengthen our existing modelling capabilities.
- Demand Model – Analyst
You would join our Symptomatic Demand Model team to help us respond to short term analytical requests relating to testing demand and capacity. Your role will involve understanding analytical commissions and identifying the best techniques, data and visualisations to respond to requests. You will become an expert in part of the Testing infrastructure and be the first port of call for analysis in this area from throughout the organisation.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining and improving our modelling of all factors which can influence testing demand
• Strategically and creatively using data and data science skills to solve analytical, policy and operational issues.
• Communicating with stakeholders throughout the organisation regarding your analysis
• Adherence with all relevant data and physical security policies
You will be an analytically strong individual who is able to communicate clearly and construct and defend reasonable positions with data. You will be comfortable working independently on analytical projects and supporting others around you on areas of shared analytical interest. A background in epidemiology is a strong plus, as interpreting recent trends in Covid and other respiratory infections, and considering longer term implications, is key to our modelling. We’re looking for talented, creative, people who thrive in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience communicating information derived from data and/or modelling
• Experience developing, maintaining and improving simple (Excel based) models
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Hands-on experience of code development in Python
• Knowledge of/experience creating epidemiological models
• Working knowledge of Data Science models and techniques
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief ( < 500 words) email explaining your interest in the role. We will arrange a quick chat with a member of the team to discuss your suitability for the team and answer any questions you may have.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying. The deadline for this current recruitment round will be 30th October.
All roles offered will be on Contractor terms. Day rates will be competitive and negotiated individually based on professional and academic experience.
You must be available to work for a minimum of 3 months.
If you would like to speak to a member of the team before applying to find our more please send an email with a brief description of your background and we will be in touch.
- Non academic
- NHS Test and Trace
- London - Remote (UK)
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- October 30th, 2021
- Posted on
- September 1st, 2021 15:59
- Last updated
- September 29th, 2021 10:46