Scholarship/PhD-student position as part of our initiative “Strengthening modeling competence for the spread of serious infectious diseases"
The Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Center for Mathematical Modelling in Medical Sciences offers stipends for
Doctoral candidates (m-f-d)
The stipends are 1.365 Euro per month (no taxes, only the health insurance has to be covered by the scholarship holders themselves). The position is available as soon as possible and limited to 3 years. The candidates enroll in the semi-structured doctoral program, which will be further developed for the focus on modelling.
The Center for Mathematical Modelling in Medical Sciences (CeMMS) was established in the context of the initiative to strengthen modelling competence for the spread of serious infectious diseases by the German Ministry for Education and Science. The impetus for this initiative sourced from the COVID-19 pandemic. CeMMS also receives funding through the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt to improve pandemic preparedness. Beyond computational epidemiology for infectious diseases, the center will address questions of computational biology with intra-host or cellular processes and signaling networks, and decision-analytic modeling. We are a highly motivated multidisciplinary team building a creative environment with unique developmental perspective and seek candidates who share the vision.
• Scientific work in the field of mathematical modeling
• Writing grant proposals for external funding
• Reporting and publication of study results
• Opportunity for further academic qualification (Dr. rer. medic.) is given
• University degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, human medicine, health sciences, economics or related
• Interest in computation approaches is fundamental, previous experience is asset
• Innovative, independent and reliable scientific working behavior
• Proactive team player paired with talent for organization
• Good/excellent command of English, both spoken and written, basic knowledge of German is a plus
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from severely disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given priority. Women and diverse are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact via e-mail: email@example.com
Please send your application with the usual documents until 05/12/2022 to Prof. Dr. R. Mikolajczyk, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics, 06097 Halle (Saale) or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The announcement takes place pending on possible budget restrictions.
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg will not reimburse application expenses. Application documents will only be returned if a prepaid return envelope has been attached. An electronic application in one single PDF is preferred.
- PhD position
- Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Halle (Saale)
- Closing date
- December 5th, 2022
- Posted on
- November 7th, 2022 18:13
- Last updated
- November 10th, 2022 15:12