Research Specialist Position in Mathematical Modelling of STIs
The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group (IDEG) at the Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) seeks well-qualified candidates for a research specialist position in the area of mathematical modelling of the transmission dynamics of sexually transmitted infections.
Working with little supervision from the Principal Investigator (PI), assists with study design, conduct of mathematical modelling analyses, and interpretation and dissemination of results on various epidemiologic studies and analyses. May assist in, or oversee tasks, performed by less senior Lab staff. Assists and contributes in research planning, policies, and development activities procedures.
• Assists with mathematical modelling epidemiologic study design.
• Codes mathematical models describing HIV and other infections epidemiology and the impact of HIV and other infections interventions using deterministic models, stochastic compartmental models, and individual-based models.
• Conducts literature reviews and meta-analyses.
• Performs a variety of mathematical modelling and statistical analyses. Manipulates, computes, and analyzes data using computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
• Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all data and analysis charting.
• Prepares drafts of research plans for grant applications.
• Contributes to publishing research findings in scientific journals and supports presentations at medical/scientific meetings.
• Performs other job related duties as needed in relation to conduct of epidemiological research.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 5 years of work experience, or MSc in a quantitatively oriented field such as mathematics, statistics or theoretical physics.
• Experience with software such as Berkeley Madonna, Matlab, Mathematica, C or C++, Fortran, Microsoft Office, and Windows.
• Working knowledge of epidemiology of communicable and non communicable diseases desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Previously exhibited individual initiative.
• Previously demonstrated advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Previously demonstrated advanced ability to communicate in both scientific written reports and professional presentations
- Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
- Closing date
- February 28th, 2018
- Posted on
- December 10th, 2017 04:20
- Last updated
- December 10th, 2017 12:17