Research Specialist Position in Epidemiology of Sexually Transmitted Infections
The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group (IDEG) at the Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) seeks well-qualified candidates for a research specialist position in the epidemiology of sexually transmitted infections.
Working with little supervision from the Principal Investigator (PI), assists with study design, collection and statistical analysis of data, and interpretation and dissemination of results on various epidemiologic studies and analyses. May assist in or oversee tasks performed by less senior Lab staff. Assists and contributes in research planning, policies, and development activities procedures.
• Assists with epidemiologic study design.
• Assists with study instruments and protocols.
• Performs sample size calculations and power analyses.
• Conducts systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses.
• Performs a variety of statistical analyses. Manipulates, computes, and analyzes data using statistical computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
• Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all data and statistical analysis charting.
• Prepares drafts of research plans for grant applications.
• Contributes to publishing research findings in scientific journals and supports presentations at medical/scientific meetings.
• Performs other job related duties as needed in relation to conduct of epidemiological research.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Five or more years prior work experience or MSc/MPH in epidemiology and/or biostatistics with experience in conducting epidemiological and biostatistical research.
• Experience with some of the statistical packages and relevant software, such as SPSS, Stata, SAS, S-PLUS, or R.
• Working knowledge of epidemiology of communicable and non communicable diseases desirable.
• Established record of scientific research and scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced computer experience required for data entry and troubleshooting.
• Previously exhibited individual initiative.
• Previously demonstrated advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Previously demonstrated advanced ability to communicate in both scientific written reports and professional presentations
- Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
- Closing date
- February 28th, 2018
- Posted on
- December 10th, 2017 04:22
- Last updated
- December 10th, 2017 12:17