Research Scientist / PostDoc position as part of our initiative "Strengthening modeling competence for the spread of serious infectious diseases"
The Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Junior Research Group Health Economics/Public Health Research (NWGGV) and Institute for Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics (IMEBI, Head: Prof. Dr. R. Mikolajczyk), offer a position for a
Research Scientist, PostDoc (m-f-d).
The full-time position is available as soon as possible and initially limited to up to five years.
Depending on the responsibilities assigned and fulfillment of the personal requirements, the compensation is paid up to salary group 13 TV-L.
• Scientific work in the field of mathematical modeling
• Co-supervision of doctoral theses with focus on modeling
• Writing grant proposals for external funding
• Reporting and publication of study results
• Teaching responsibilities (seminars/exercises) in courses of the institute
• Supervision and mentoring of bachelor/master graduates and medical doctoral students
• Opportunity for habilitation is given
• Completed scientific university studies in mathematics, physics, statistics, bioinformatics, human medicine, biology, health sciences or a related science (diploma, master)
• Several years of experience in modeling (differential equation models or preferably agent-based modeling)
• Completed relevant doctoral degree
• Experience in publication and in acquiring external funding
• Scientific creativity and independence
• Proactive team player paired with talent for organization
• Very good/excellent command of English and German, both spoken and written, is preferred
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from severely disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given priority. Women and diverse are particulary encouraged to apply. Applicants with a foreign qualification have to show the statement of comparability for foreign higher education qualifications issued by Central Office for Foreign Higher Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-forforeign-education).
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Mikolajczyk, phone number: (0345) 557-3571 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Please send your application with the usual documents including the registration number 7-276/22-H until 18/04/2023 to Prof. Dr. R. Mikolajczyk, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics, 06097 Halle (Saale) or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The announcement takes place pending on possible budget restrictions.
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg will not reimburse application expenses. Application documents will only be returned if a prepaid return envelope has been attached. An electronic application in one single PDF is preferred.
- Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Halle (Saale)
- Closing date
- April 18th, 2023
- Posted on
- March 7th, 2023 15:25
- Last updated
- March 7th, 2023 15:25