Research Fellow/PhD-student: Strengthening modeling competence for the spread of serious infectious diseases
The Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Junior Research Group Health Economics/Public Health Research and Institute for Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics (IMEBI, Head: Prof. Dr. R. Mikolajczyk), offer a position for a
Research Fellow/PhD-student (13 TV-L, 65%/26 h) (m-f-d)
The position is available as soon as possible and limited to 3 years.
This position is due to our participation in the initiative “Strengthening modeling competence for the spread of serious infectious diseases" in Germany, funded by the Federal Ministry of Research. Being part of two funded consortia and heading the coordination office for the all seven funded consortia, we seek to establish a center for modelling. Together with other doctoral students and post docs with modelling expertise, the candidate will be part of a vibrant environment. We use both compartmental and agent-based methods and have strong working interactions with leading international experts in the field.
• Scientific work in the field of mathematical modeling
• Writing grant proposals for external funding
• Reporting and publication of study results
• Support in teaching (seminars/exercises) and mentoring of bachelor/master graduates and medical doctoral students
• Opportunity for further academic qualification (PhD) is given
• University degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, bioinformatics, human medicine, biology, health sciences or related
• Completed epidemiological training (e.g. MSE, MSc, MPH) is an asset
• Innovative, independent and reliable scientific working behavior
• Proactive team player paired with talent for organization
• Good/excellent command of English, both spoken and written, knowledge of German is a plus
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from severely disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given priority. Women and diverse are particulary encouraged to apply. Applicants with a foreign qualification have to show the statement of comparability for foreign higher education qualifications issued by Central Office for Foreign Higher Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-forforeign-education).
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Mikolajczyk, phone number: (0345) 557-3571 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Dr. R. Mikolajczyk, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Medical Faculty, Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics, 06097 Halle (Saale) or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The announcement takes place pending on possible budget restrictions.
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg will not reimburse application expenses. Application documents will only be returned if a prepaid return envelope has been attached. An electronic application in one single PDF is preferred.
- PhD position
- Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Halle (Saale)
- Closing date
- August 14th, 2022
- Posted on
- July 15th, 2022 10:56
- Last updated
- July 15th, 2022 10:56