Principal Expert in Mathematical Modelling (Temporary Agent, AD8)
ECDC is looking for one person as a 'Principal Expert in Mathematical Modelling' to join a friendly, growing and technically astute group!
The jobholder will provide expertise and leadership on mathematical modelling, and also provide the focus of expertise within ECDC on health economic evaluations, to inform infectious disease prevention and control policy and the understanding and forecasting of trends and impacts of determinants and disease.
The jobholder will be responsible in particular for the following areas of work:
• Lead the ECDC mathematical modelling work and provide strategic advice to the Centre;
• Analyse emerging topics and conceive and implement modelling and health economic studies to address public health questions;
• Identify critical knowledge gaps for infectious disease prevention and control that can be addressed with mathematical modelling;
• Implement forecasting methods for infectious diseases and their determinants, presenting scenarios and quantifying uncertainty;
• Work closely with experts across ECDC (e.g. epidemiologists, statisticians, surveillance, epidemic intelligence, and disease experts) and coordinate projects with a mathematical modelling or health economics scope involving experts across Units and Disease Programmes;
• Contribute to establishing and sustaining partnerships with existing modelling networks and experts, and with health economics experts, within public health institutes and academic institutions at Member State, European and international level;
• Propose methodological approaches for mathematical modelling and economic evaluations that can complement the development of ECDC’s outputs;
• Stay up to date with the current literature on disease modelling and health economic evaluations and assess its value for ECDC’s work and contribute to capacity building activities;
• Contribute to the planning, drafting, implementation and monitoring of work plan and budget;
• Contribute to other activities of ECDC, as required, in his/her field of expertise;
• May be asked to contribute to the 24/7 duty system of ECDC
For more information, including requirements and selection criteria, please see the link on ECDC's webpage!
The closing date for the submission of applications is on 17 April 2023 at 11:59:59 (midday) Stockholm time.
- Senior faculty
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Closing date
- April 17th, 2023
- Posted on
- March 13th, 2023 10:54
- Last updated
- March 13th, 2023 10:54