Postdoctoral Position in Mathematical Modeling of Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases
The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group (IDEG) at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) invites applications for a postdoctoral position in the area of mathematical modelling of the epidemiological dynamics of communicable and non-communicable diseases. The position is full-time and is available for several years subject to satisfactory progress. The position is available immediately.
IDEG is a renowned research group in quantitative methods of communicable and non-communicable diseases, and is at the forefront of epidemiology research internationally. IDEG research has been published in prestigious scientific journals such as Science, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, PLOS Medicine, Lancet, Lancet HIV, Lancet Global Health, Lancet Infectious Diseases, Hepatology, Clinical Infectious Diseases, BMC Medicine, and Physical Review Letters. A number of IDEG studies have had high impact in terms of understanding the epidemiology of diseases and assessing the impact of public health interventions. IDEG research work has been key in the formulation of public health policy at the national, regional, as well as international levels. Findings of IDEG research work have received global coverage in national, regional, and international mass and print media through numerous articles and news stories. More details about our research are available at https://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/research-labs-and-programs/infectious-disease-epidemiology-group
• Conduct project-related research on the biomedical and behavioural aspects of the population dynamics of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
• Develop mathematical models describing disease dynamics and the impact of interventions using deterministic models, stochastic compartmental models, and individual-based models.
• Review and validate different approaches and existing models.
• Publish research findings in scientific journals and present them at major medical/scientific meetings.
• A Ph.D. degree in a quantitatively-oriented field, such as mathematical epidemiology, theoretical physics, or applied mathematics.
• Robust research experience in mathematical modelling and building different kinds of models.
• Experience in analytical and quantitative methods, such as deterministic and stochastic differential equations, integral equations, nonlinear dynamics, probability theory, and stochastic processes.
• Extensive experience in scientific computing involving programming, numerical analysis, symbolic and logical analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, and computer graphics.
• Experience in Matlab, Mathematica, Berkeley Madonna, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with statistical data analysis and related packages, such as SPSS and R.
WCM-Q is located in Education City among other American universities in Doha, which is a rapidly growing research hub. The WCM-Q research program offers a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment, endowed with a comprehensive support infrastructure. Details regarding the WCM-Q research program and facilities can be accessed at https://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/research.
WCM-Q postdoctoral associates are appointed by the academic departments at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York. Salary is commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an attractive foreign-service benefits package, including paid housing and a car allowance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, which should outline their interest in the position, along with their curriculum vitae including the names and contact details of three referees. Please note that, due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The position is currently available until filled.
For more information please send an email to Ms. Adona Canlas at email@example.com.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
- Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
- Closing date
- February 10th, 2021
- Posted on
- October 11th, 2020 14:07
- Last updated
- October 11th, 2020 14:07