Postdoc to work on the studies to understand the epidemiology and transmission dynamics of multiple viral diseases in wildlife in Florida.
Position Description: The University of Florida’s Cervidae Health Research Initiative is hiring a postdoctoral research associate to work on the studies to understand the epidemiology and transmission dynamics of multiple viral diseases in wildlife in Florida. The ideal candidate will have expertise in phylodynamics, molecular epidemiology of viruses, strong skills in computational biology and sequence data analysis, statistics, and an interest in infectious disease research. The candidates will have a track record of publishing in peer-reviewed academic journals and strong communication and problem-solving skills. The successful applicant will be working with Dr. Kuttichantran Subramaniam in the Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology and Dr. Samantha Wisely in the Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation. The position is full-time and available for 24 months, with an anticipated starting date of October 2022.
· Participate in a full-time research program
· Conceptualize, design, and implement research protocols
· Develop new computational approaches and methods as appropriate
· Collect, prepare, analyze, and maintain a database of research data
· Use graphics and statistical software to generate, analyze and synthesize data for presentation at conferences and manuscript preparation
· Supervise and participate in the training of students, staff, visiting researchers, and volunteer workers as needed
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates will have a Ph.D. in a relevant field (computational biology, computer science, applied mathematics, epidemiology, disease ecology or statistics)
- Experience with viral phylodynamic software, Bayesian and coalescent theory approaches.
- Strong publication record
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
Expected Salary: $45,659 - $62,000. Commensurate with experience.
Instructions To Applicants: Please send your CV, a brief summary of your research experience and interests, and a list of 3 references with contact information to Dr. Kuttichantran Subramaniam and Dr. Samantha Wisely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UF Cervidae Health Research Initiative
- Closing date
- September 1st, 2022
- Posted on
- June 15th, 2022 17:46
- Last updated
- June 15th, 2022 17:46