Postdoc position (m/w/d) - Full time – within the project: Mathematical modeling of vaccine schedules
The Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology (MPIIB) in Berlin-Mitte is an institution of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science and is one of the leading research institutes in the field of immunology and infectious diseases.
Matthieu Domenech de Cellès, head of the research group "Infectious Disease Epidemiology" is offering a
Postdoc position (m/w/d)
- Full time –
within the project: Mathematical modeling of vaccine schedules
Project Description – Mathematical modeling of vaccine schedules
The schedule of administration of pediatric vaccines varies markedly from country to country across the world. This large heterogeneity—even between socio-economically comparable countries—suggests the need to improve our scientific understanding of the impact of different vaccine schedules. The post-doc project will aim to propose new methods to optimize vaccine schedules based on 1) the analysis of antibody kinetics individual data after vaccination and on 2) the development on population-based models of vaccination.
- PhD with a background in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, physics). Applicants with a background in biology or medicine may also apply if they can demonstrate significant experience with quantitative approaches.
- Research experience of working with mathematical and/or statistical models, in particular non-linear mixed-effects models.
- Knowledge of a statistical programming language (preferably R).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The working language of the laboratory is English.
- Keen interest in biology, epidemiology, and public health.
• Outstanding research and training opportunities with access to state-of-the-art facilities
• An excellent scientific network.
• A stimulating international and multi-disciplinary research environment on a thriving campus in the heart of Berlin.
• A full-time position with excellent benefits, with renewal up to 4 years.
• Compensation with all public service benefits under the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector (TVöD Bund) depending on qualification and transfer of tasks up to pay group E14 TVöD (Bund).
• Supplementary old-age provision by the Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und der Länder (Federal and State Pension Fund)
• Variable working hours with flexible options
As an equal opportunity employer, the Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities. We, therefore, encourage individuals with disabilities to apply. The Max Planck Society also strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Interested in joining us?
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal:
Please upload your full application in English (cover letter, complete CV and name of at least 2 references) by July 5, 2020.
The position is supposed to be filled at the earliest possible date.
- Max-Planck-Institute for Infection Biology
- Closing date
- July 5th, 2020
- Posted on
- June 5th, 2020 12:54
- Last updated
- June 5th, 2020 12:54