PhD Researcher in Health Economics/Financing to join Tropical Medicine at HD University Hospital working together with HIGH at Heidelberg's University
Postdoctoral Researcher in Health Economics and Financing
to join the Division of Tropical Medicine at the University Hospital Heidelberg working together with Heidelberg University’s Institute of Global Health, Germany’s largest international global health research institution. We are looking for an health economist to work on Health Economics and Financing of Diagnostic solutions for Limited Resource Settings.
The appointment is for 2 years, but we are looking for someone interested to invest in the Group and to whom we are eager to offer a longer term prospective.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist the PIs with data intake, data management, and analysis;
• Collaborate to other projects nested within the Research Group;
• Identify relevant research questions (complementary to the primary research questions set by the project) with potential for further research and lead analyses/project development on these questions;
• Apply for funding and contribute to funding applications of the Research Group;
• Publish in peer-reviewed journals and present at international conferences
• Teach at postgraduate level and contribute to supervising Master and doctoral students;
• Actively participate in the Group and Institute life (e.g. seminar series, workshops).
• Doctoral degree in economics, health economics, development economics, or social epidemiology (or equivalent qualification);
• Strong quantitative analytical skills, with specific knowledge of economic evaluation and modeling and preferably also econometrics;
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multicultural team;
• Good communication and writing skills in both English.
• Specific experience with economic evaluation in low and middle income settings
• Specific experience with diagnostic solutions for low and middle income settings
• Evidence of published research in peer-reviewed journals;
• Work and research experience in low-income settings;
• Track record of writing grant applications.
• Group leader skills
• Research experience in a large cutting-edge interdisciplinary research team;
• Academic support and opportunity to develop your own research profile;
• Pleasant work environment in an enthusiastic team of colleagues;
• Involvement in national and international collaborations;
• Support with developing your research career in health economics/ international health (e.g. Habilitation) and longer term employment prospectives.
The position is initially funded for 1 year at the German public service salary scale TV-L E13 with 100% workload (€65,000 to €70,000 per annum before tax). It is open to applicants from all countries. Starting date is flexible in first quarter 2020. The position is based in Heidelberg, with field work visits to limited resource settings.
Please send your CV, a cover letter expressing your motivation to join the team, and copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, compiled in one pdf file, by email to Angelika Sandritter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be considered until the 29th of February 2020.
- Heidelberg University Hospital, Division of Tropical Medicine
- Closing date
- February 29th, 2020
- Posted on
- December 9th, 2019 14:28
- Last updated
- February 6th, 2020 08:28