looking for candidates for an expatriate clinical epidemiologist position at the Manhiça Health Research Center (CISM), Mozambique
- Ensure the good performance of CAPT-TB project, which could include specific clinical support, and participate in other research studies in the area of Tuberculosis at the Manhiça Health Research Center under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Guarantee the training and technical-scientific support of the personnel of the clinical department.
- Guarantee the technical quality of the procedures developed in the area.
Main duties and tasks:
- Ensure that all procedures of the CAPT-TB study are conducted in accordance with good clinical practices, with emphasis on the correct implementation of the protocol and standard operating procedures, data collection, data cleaning, monitoring and interpretation of the data. CAPT-TB includes collaborations with other research institutions in Tanzania and South Africa. It can entail traveling to these institutions throughout the project lifespan.
- Assist with the development of site and trial specific documents including but not limited to ICFs, source templates, recruitment plans, trial visit and participant dosing plans.
- Be the primary person responsible for the preparation, tracking and submission of relevant documents to all relevant local and national authorities and ethical committees, to obtain clinical trial approval in accordance with Sponsor requirements.
- Follow up, document and report on adverse events that occur in clinical trials in the area of tuberculosis.
- Train and support local doctors of the area in technical and technical aspects.
- Participate in the meetings of the TB area at ISGlobal and CISM.
- Participate in the analysis and writing of scientific articles, according to the needs of the Tuberculosis area and under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- We offer the possibility of enrolling in a doctorate program at University of Barcelona in a topic associated with CAPT-TB.
Experience and training:
- Demonstrated experience in research studies. Previous experience in clinical trials will be highly valued.
- Proven ability to manage teams and leadership.
Training and skills:
- Clinical specialty will be positively evaluated.
- Relevant post-grad training in Epidemiology and/or Public Health.
- Participation in research projects in the area of tuberculosis will be an asset.
- Good Clinical Practices certification will be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) and Web applications. Acquaintance with statistics software will be an asset.
Languages and others:
- High level of English. In addition, high level or Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Availability to live in Mozambique.
Salary and conditions:
-The position is for a period of 1 year, with potential renewal for 2 more years upon positive evaluations.
-The conditions will be agreed according to training and experience.
-If the position is renewed, Barcelona based time will be expected during year 2 and 3.
-Precise timing in Barcelona needs to be worked out.
-Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Closing date
- December 5th, 2019
- Posted on
- November 20th, 2019 11:54
- Last updated
- November 20th, 2019 11:54