Junior Research Scientist (100%)
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and interna-tional level. Over 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interven-tions.
Within the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health (EPH), the Biostatistics Unit is seeking to appoint a
Junior Research Scientist
to contribute to a European Union funded project entitled « A cross-disciplinary alliance to identify, predict and prepare for emerging vector-borne diseases». The successful candidate will be responsible for (1) bibliometric searches on vector-borne disease-related data (2) data extraction and geo-referencing (3) data management and analysis. The position is available immediately, but a later starting date is possible by negotiation. The successful applicant will work within a multi-disciplinary team of statisticians and epidemiologists.
Required qualifications are:
• Diploma or master’s degree in statistics, biology or natural sciences related field
• Expertise in R programming
• Experience with databases, SQL and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software
• Skills in data analysis is a plus
• Excellent oral and written knowledge of English is paramount
• Knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an advantage
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
If we have sparked your interest, please submit your application online via our online recruiting tool (https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All), including:
• Motivational letter
• Certificates and diplomas
• Reference letters if available
• Names and contact information (email or phone) of three references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our aforementioned online recruiting tool. Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For further information please contact PD Dr Penelope Vounatsou at email@example.com
Start Date: immediately or upon agreement
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: limited contract of 3 years with a possibility of extension
- Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH)
- Closing date
- September 25th, 2021
- Posted on
- August 25th, 2021 20:38
- Last updated
- August 25th, 2021 20:38