Investigate transmission in indoor spaces how changing compliance to distancing affects this, inform end-users about safe reopening of public spaces
Postdoc position in Infectious Disease Modeling
Are you looking for a postdoc position in infectious disease modeling on Sars-CoV-2 transmission? Are you interested in mathematical modeling and data science? Do you want to work on an interdisciplinary team and contribute to the safe reopening of public spaces? We would like to get in contact with you.
We are looking for a postdoc in infectious disease modeling and data science to join the SamenSlimOpen consortium. In this consortium you will work together with virologists, epidemiologists, serious game designers, and experts in human mobility. You will use mathematical models and tools from gamification to investigate transmission in indoor spaces and specifically how this is affected by changes in compliance to distancing. You will work in close collaboration with our end-users (e.g., restaurant owners, municipalities, and healthcare agencies) to inform the safe reopening of public spaces.
- A PhD or >5 years of work experience in a relevant field (epidemiology, mathematical biology, applied mathematics, computer science, physics)
- Interest in working on epidemiological questions of societal relevance
- Experience in mathematical modeling and machine learning
- Good programming skills in python, R
- Excited about working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Capable of communicating research to general public and end-users.
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of
€ 2.790,- to a maximum of € 5.127,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10 / 11). We offer you a temporary contract for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g.
- the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with our internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for personal initiative in a learning environment. With us you get a versatile job in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
DO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this function you can contact Quirine ten Bosch, Assistant Professor, telephone +31 (0) 317 489 226 or by e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the procedure you can contact Ine van 't Land, Recruiter by e-mail e-mail; email@example.com
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including 27 October 2020. We want to plan the first online job interviews soon afterwards.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialized research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 12,500 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organizations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
- Wageningen University & Research
- The Netherlands
- Closing date
- October 28th, 2020
- Posted on
- October 13th, 2020 13:08
- Last updated
- October 13th, 2020 14:24