Develop, optimize, & apply genomics assays to derive malaria transmission information from genetic, spatial, & epidemiologic data.
The EPPIcenter at UC San Francisco is seeking a talented scientist with a laboratory background to study the transmission and immunity of malaria using genomic and epidemiologic data. The successful candidate will be immersed in the multidisciplinary research environment of the Experimental and Population-based Pathogen Investigation center (EPPIcenter.ucsf.edu) and work closely with Drs. Bryan Greenhouse and Isabel Rodriguez-Barraquer along with a diverse team of scientists at UCSF and international collaborators.
The fellow will be expected to develop, optimize, and apply genomics assays for deriving epidemiologically relevant information on malaria transmission from genetic, spatial, and epidemiologic data, and will be encouraged to develop an independent line of work in this area. Our team is directly involved in all aspects of data generation and analysis including field work, generating laboratory data, modeling, communicating directly with malaria control programs and policy makers, and building research capacity. Competitive salary including full benefits will be provided commensurate with experience and qualifications, and the post offers ample opportunities for career development.
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
• Background in laboratory genomics, ideally with some experience in pathogen genomics
• Ability to analyze and interpret next generation sequencing data
• Demonstrated ability to produce independent, creative work
• Ability to work well as member of a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Background in basic biology, population genetics, or ecology
• Experience in analysis/modeling of infectious diseases
• Strong statistical and computational skills
• Programming experience in T or Python
• Experience with Nextflow and container systems (e.g. Singularity and Docker)
To Apply. Send a CV including publications, brief statement of research/career interests, and contact information for 3 references to EPPIcenter@ucsf.edu
- UCSF- University of California at San Francisco
- San Francisco
- Closing date
- February 28th, 2023
- Posted on
- October 31st, 2022 23:43
- Last updated
- November 7th, 2022 09:29